The Robert F. Rodriguez Leadership Foundation Scholarship
Robert F. Rodriguez was a graduate of Ferris High School. Robert was a servant leader inside and outside of the classroom. His greatest passion was serving others and seeing those around him excel. His passion to serve others continued to be on display as he progressed in his career and took on more advanced leadership roles, ultimately landing him the role of EVP of Operations for one of the largest custom cabinet companies in North Texas.
Robert served and mentored his fellow employees and teammates by demonstrating kindness, compassion, selflessness, patience, wisdom, empathy and love of others.
Robert passed away unexpectedly on October 8, 2021, leaving family, friends, and colleagues that will continue to miss him.
Robert impacted many lives and there is great peace in knowing that he is with the Lord (Proverbs 3:5).
These scholarships are to assist graduates of Ferris High School with college expenses.
The student must enroll in an accredited college or university. To qualify, the applicant must be a graduating Ferris High School senior.
Seven Scholarships and Amount
A scholarship in the amount of $250.00 will initially be awarded to the recipient.
Upon completion of registration in an accredited college/university an additional $250.00 will be awarded to the recipient.
An additional $500.00 will be awarded for the second semester with a copy of Spring registration.
Guidelines for Eligibility
- Student must be a 2023 graduate of Ferris High School.
- Student must take either the SAT or ACT: copy of student's score must be included with the application.
- Student must submit an application, current photo, and essay (as described below.)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teacher, counselor, or priest/pastor.
Criteria for Selection
- Student's academic standing.
- Student's SAT, ACT and other achievement scores.
- Submission of an essay with the application.
- Previous work or volunteer experience.
Guidelines for the Essay
- Must not exceed two (2) pages, font 12, style Arial.
- Must tell about yourself, your background, and share stories of servant leaders who have impacted your life in a positive way.
- Must describe your involvement in school, church, and/or community.
- Explain how the scholarship will further your education.
Announcement of Recipients
Scholarship recipient(s) will be announced at graduation or an awards program.
Payment of Scholarship
- A $250.00 check will be awarded to the student at graduation or awards ceremony.
- An additional $250.00 check will be awarded with documentation of registration for Fall classes.
- To receive the second semester payment of $500.00, the student must have passed a minimum of twelve (12) hours the first semester with an overall 2.5 GPA.
- The student must provide the Robert F. Rodriguez Leadership Foundation with copies of his/her first semester grades and the second semester class schedule.
- Email copies to: email@example.com
Application must be received no later than April 21, 2023.
Prior to beginning the Robert F. Rodriguez Leadership Foundation Scholarship Application, we suggest that you gather the information listed in the form.
Once you start the online application, you will need to complete the entire form. You DO NOT have the option to save the form and return later to complete the online form before submitting.
The last item of the application is a two page student essay; we strongly recommend that you create the essay using a word processor and then copy/paste the essay into the online form.
Please note that it is not necessary to complete the Robert F. Rodriguez Leadership Foundation Scholarship Application multiple times.
If you have any questions please email Cecilia Alfaro- Counselor Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be mindful of the scholarship deadline!
NOTE: Once you start the online application, you will need to complete the entire form. You DO NOT have the option to save the form and return later to complete the online form before submitting.